state of the arc #4


State of the ARC is a monthly meme hosted by Avalinah's Books. It's a way to track your reading progress and see how fellow book bloggers are doing as well.

The rules for State of the ARC are quite simple; I couldn't put them any better than Evelina already has:
  • Mention that you’re linking up with State of the ARC @ AvalinahsBooks, which is a fun way to share our ARC progress, challenges, wins, woes and mishaps.
  • Include the link to this post, or the current State of the ARC post. You can use my State of the ARC image too.
  • Don’t forget to visit all the other people in the link-up and comment.
  • And most importantly – have fun!
ARC STATS

I may have hauled quite a few new ARCs (thanks in large part to a successful day at TLA at the beginning of the month) but my number of unread review copies only went up by five—yay! A few summer ARCs are on the schedule now with some fall titles nipping at their heels. My NetGalley ratio hasn't changed since last month; all of the ARCs I had to read were from other sources, so I'll have to stay content with my 60% ratio until the next check-in!

SYMBOLS DECODED


I've posted six ARC reviews since the last check-in:

The Balcony by Jane Delury
CIRCE by Madeline Miller
Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
The Beloveds by Maureen Lindley
Liar's Candle by August Thomas
The Pisces by Melissa Broder

This month I also have nine ARC reviews written and queued for posting! Next month you'll be able to read my thoughts on Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson, Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett, What Should Be Wild by Julia Fine, Furyborn by Claire Legrand, Legendary by Stephanie Garber, and All the Ever Afters by Danielle Teller.  Later in the summer I have reviews already lined up for Brightly Burning by Alexa Donne, Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young, and Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik!

Once again a single DNF happened this month. I barely made it fifty pages into Song of Blood and Stone by L. Penelope before realizing it just wasn't going to work for me.

ON THE HORIZON

I have 9 ARCs with release dates in June or sooner; my focus will be on those titles in the coming month. It's an eclectic mix that I'm worried has a couple of DNFs lurking in its midst, but I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise! I've made a serious dent in my unread physical ARCs but My Plain Jane and Smoke in the Sun remain, along with a finished copy of Sirens that I received from the now-defunct Blogging For Books program and a recent BookishFirst win of Lies You Never Told Me by Jennifer Donaldson. On NetGalley I have The Life and Death Parade, Social Creature, The Maw, The Trial and Execution of the Traitor George Washington, and Overneath, a collection of short stories by Peter S. Beagle that got approved after its Winter 2017 release date. Lastly I have one Edelweiss+ title: The Traitor's Niche. Unrelated to advance review copies, I want to start incorporating more backlist titles into my reading schedule. Since I'm averaging over 10 books a month currently, I should have room to fulfill all my reviewing obligations and get to work on my TBR as well!


Will we be covering any of the same ARCs this month? Let me know which review you're most looking forward to in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP